We know that people who commit fraud often target and exploit senior citizens. Want to avoid being a victim of fraud? Keep reading.
The California Bureau of Real Estate has assembled a great list of specific tips seniors can use to help protect themselves against fraud in the area of real estate. Areas covered include:
- Common types of real estate fraud
- Unlicensed prepaid rental listing services fraud
- Timeshare resale and rental schemes
- Online rental fraud
- Unlicensed property managers
- Real property recordation fraud
- Real property investment schemes
- Reverse mortgage scams
Remember that fraud by predators and scammers against seniors in the area of real estate requires being vigilant and skeptical. Many legitimate, reputable, licensed and competent professionals work in the real estate and mortgage fields. You will need to do some research and homework to make sure you work with them.